In Malaysia, we are very fortunate to be able to enjoy a whole variety of vegetarian food especially from Chinese and Indian food.
But sometimes, you may not be able to find a full variety of vegetarian options available at where you are staying or working. I have friends who are vegetarians who often prepare and bring their own food from home.
Blog posts on Vegetarian:
Here are some compilation of vegetarian food that you can order online* if these food are hard to find in your area.
Hope the list helps as I utilize some of the ingredients when I prepare on my vegetarian food.
Ingredients for food preparation:
- Squid Spicy Flavor 卫龙魔芋爽
- Shrimp Spicy/Garlic/Pepper Flavor 好味屋素虾仁香辣/蒜蓉/山椒味
- Vietnamese Rice Paper (to wrap spring rolls/popia)
- Meat Roll
Vegetarian Seasonings/ spices and paste:
- Rendang Paste
- Bak Kut Teh herbs
- Satay Sauce (Klang Valley only)
- Hockkien Mee Paste 大同素食虾面酱
- Sambal Ikan Bilis 250g 素食江鱼辣椒
- Belacan Powder
- VegeCook, Vegetarian Food Seasoning Granule Powder 素厨 素味
- Vegan Bolognese Sauce Spaghetti Spicy Chilli Bolognese 纯素意大利番茄肉酱 含素肉
- Vegan Spicy Crab Sauce/ Sos Cili Ketam/ 辣椒螃蟹酱
Ready Made Vegetarian Dishes/ Food:
- Lo Mai Gai (Vegetarian)/素糯米雞
- Heija Rice Dumpling (Bak Chang) 合家手工斋粽子
- Mushroom Snack (Bak Gua) 传统素肉干
- Vegan Fungus Sausage 素肠 零食 香肠素火腿 原味 香辣味
- Char Siew Pau
- Mantou- Multi Grain | Pumpkin | Pandan