update: 14 july 2023 redirected this page to https://visit-malaysia.yinteing.com/festival-mooncake/ as aff links were not generating conversions got 3k clicks with no conversions.
Here is the listing of MOONCAKE related products available online. The links are going to Shopee MY website*. I am affiliated with them and recommend them due to the wide selection of items and competitive pricing.
HOMEMADE MOONCAKES (HALAL):
Note: Bakeries and homes are making mooncake for sale in Shopee. Lots of sellers with homemade mooncakes of all kinds. A wide variety of halal mooncakes are available (read my article on the Rise of Homemade Halal Mooncakes).
- Kuih Bulan Halal Mooncake Mini Homemade *(50gm)
- Aihana Mooncake Combo*
- Aihana Thousand Layer Handcrafted mooncake*
- Halal Shanghai mooncake* – available order all year round
BAKING YOUR OWN MOONCAKES:
- Mooncake Paste assorted flavours* eg Black sesame, pure lotus, white lotus choc lotus, tiramitsu lotus, red bean, durian lotus,green tea and pandan lotus.
- Plastic moulds*
- Wooden moulds*
- 3 in 1 Mooncake packaging set with box container and bag 月饼礼盒套装*
- Mooncake Frosted Cover drawer box*
- Mooncake Flavour stickers*
PHYSICAL SHOPS SELLING THE SUPPLIES:
If you are staying within the Klang Valley, here are the physical shops you can go to source the ingredients and items (example packaging) for your mooncakes :
Note: The mooncake paste and direct ingredients are generally available about 2 months before mooncake festival. If you wish to make your own mooncakes at other times of the year, you would need to purchase the ready made mooncake paste online.
- House of Ingredients (HOI) in Bandar Sri Damansara (easy parking)
- Chai Huat Hin at Jalan Tun HS Lee KL (near Petaling Street/KL Chinatown)
- Bake With Yen outlets
- Ben Mart Trading (Kepong Baru, KL)
Please view all my blog posts related to Mooncake Festival.