As a Malaysian, all festivals are celebrated together. Even though I am not an Indian, I love to visit Little India and Masjid India to admire their items and source for certain items/clothings.
One of my favourite dessert is the ghee ball and a colleague of mine would get her mom to make some extra for me. When she goes back to her hometown in Kedah, she would bring back the homemade ghee balls for me. Aside from that, cheese naan and varuval chicken are my favourite Indian dishes.
Prior to Deepavali, we would decorate our office with Deepavali decorations and my team is usually tasked to make these purchases, something which I look forward to. We would also have a special day where we ordered catering and request all our staff to come to work dressed in traditional attire. I have 2 punjabi suits and some tops that I bought from Klang and Masjid India in KL.
Nowadays these items are easily available online and you can source it from the comfort of your own home.
VIEW ARTICLES IN THIS BLOG RELATED TO DEEPAVALI CELEBRATIONS.
Delicacies and Food (available all year round too):
- Laddu/Ladoo (Ghee Balls)*
- Deepavali Chocolate Gift Set*
- Cheese Naan*
- Chicken Varuval*
- Related: Vegetarian Food Page
Deepavali Decoration/ Prayer Items:
- Deepavali 3D Rangoli Kolam sticker*
- Deepavali Props (as deco or held when taking pictures)
- Deepavali Door Hanging Deco
- Memorable Photo Fridge Magnet Big Size Deepavali Version
- Rangoli powder (10 colours)*
- Indian incense aromatherapy handmade jasmine sandalwood*
- Indian mandala carpet (non slip)
Traditional Indian attire/ Sarees/ Punjabi suits/Accessories:
- Bindi (dot on put on forehead)
- Reetha Fashion– a lot of varieties at affordable pricing
- Kids Punjabi Suit*
- Punjabi Suit Material* (Unstitched)….and many other varieties*
- Deepavali Lengha*
- Readymade Deepavali Special Gown*
- Henna Stencil Arabic Indian Style Temporary Hand Tattoo Body Art Sticker Decor*
- Indian Ethnic Tiny Cute Nose Ring (no need piercing)
Finally, let me leave you with the memorable videos produced by TNB (electricity utility provider in Malaysia). Their videos are really memorable with a doze of humor. Enjoy.
2019 Style Mannavan: