Here is a supplier of traditional Malay wedding gifts or ‘hantaran kahwin” located in Kuala Lumpur- if you walk around Masjid India area, you can explore the shop and get to know more about the local crafts 🙂
Note: If you are around the area, you can also explore another craft supplier shop located nearby, Sin Yin located at the basement of Semua House.
Previously I’ve bought some satin ribbons and beads from this shop.
For traditional Malay weddings, there are ‘barang hantaran’ that consist of gift exchange between the bride and the groom. The gifts are often made in the most creative ways- and some of my friends who got married made their own items. Still, they usually source for supplies from stores like this where the items are cheaper if bought in bulk or wholesale.
Aside from that, if you have any social functions and would like to buy door gifts or sachets to place some souveniors, you can also bug cute little storage boxes or gift bags from the craft supplier stores. Sometimes department who host functions and give away goodie bags can choose from a whole range of design available to store their door gifts.
Below: Sample of the decorative item of a gift exchange used in Malay weddings and engagements.
Some Items for Malay Wedding You can Buy Online:
- Bekas Hantaran Merisik / Cincin Kahwin / Tunang
- Kad Kahwin Digital Wedding Card Digital Invitation for Mobile Phone
- Door Gift Boxes Designs example Purple Galaxy, Tuxedo Dress Groom Bridal Candy Gift Boxes Wedding
- Ziplock Bags with "Thank you" suitable for practical door gift
- Sticker Kahwin Doorgift Tunang/ Birthday
The details of the shop:
Kedai Bunga Tomei
No 2005, Malayan Mansion, Jalan Masjid India
50100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel/fax: 603- 26938880
The shop is a retailer and wholesaler for the following products:
- Flowers, artificial flowers leaves and trees, flower arrangement material
- Malay wedding: Bunga manga, bunga telur, bunga rampai, etc
- Handi Craft & Accessories: Laces & trimmings, buttons, ribbons, thread, beads and sequins, etc.
How to get to the shop:
By train: Either Star LRT or Putra LRT- both stop at Masjek Jamek station. Get down and walk towards Masjik India- you will walk alongside the huge river on your right and you will see lots of stores in front of you.