For those who are interested to attend cake decorative classes around Selangor/ Klang Valley, the Bake with Yen, a baking supply store constantly have cake, bread, muffin and cupcake making/ decorating classes.
Here is a class that will be held on 2 to 4 April 2011 for RM1800. It is a 3 full day (9am to 5pm) hands on class taught by Mr John Quay Hoi. Class limited to 20 people only:
The contents of the class is as follows:
1. 3 tiers Wedding Cake- covering the cake
2. Making flowers
ii) roses- cecil brunner rose and formal rose
iii) foliage- dollar gum leaf and croton leaf
3. Colour setting- setting of flowers by steaming.
1. Assembly of wedding cakes
2. Making of butterflies
3. Covering of teddy bear cake
4. Side designs of cake in various methods
b. sugar drape
c. cut out design
d. butternbury lace
e. floodwork and brush embroildery
f. ribbon insertion
1. Figure modelling of a lion cake
2. Finish up with the teddy bear in the box
3. Assemble of the butterflies
4. Finishing the work of the 3 tier wedding cake
At the end of the day, students will bring home a 3 tier wedding cake with roses or either butterflies, a teddy bear in the box, a lion cake and some sugar flowers.
For more information, you can contact Bake with Yen- 603-80601828. They are located opposite Giant Bandar Puteri, Puchong.