Today is the Thai New Year (Songkran สงกรานต์) festival. In Malaysia, the festival is also celebrated by the Thai community and locals.
If you are staying in Klang Valley- ie Selangor and Kuala Lumpur area, head on to Wat Chetawan this Sunday 17 April 2011 from 2.30pm onwards- and bring extra sets of clothes in your car as you would surely be splashed wet with water.
Details are published in Wat Chetawan’s official website: http://www.watchetawan.co.cc/ as follows:
- 10.00am: Sunday Morning Service
- 11.00am: Paritta Chanting & Tak Bart
- 12.00pm: Lunch for Monks
- 1.30pm: New Year Paritta Chanting
- 2.00pm: Bathing the Buddha statue and pay respect to Senior Monks
- 2.30pm: Celebrate Water Festival
Happy New Year